Sigma has specialist capabilities and production processes for accredited aerospace polishing and finishing on a range of civil and military components and parts.
It’s our focus to provide the highest calibre metal finishing services for the demanding aerospace, power & defence industries. Absolute precision and care is taken to meet a range of rigorous international standards, ensuring quality, safety and durability of parts.
- One-off aircraft parts
- Turbine blades and other engine parts
- Undercarriage landing gear parts
Specialist Titanium Polishing:
- Aircraft Landing Gear
- Dedicated, Fully Enclosed Titanium Polishing Area
- Full Titanium Polishing and Finishing Approvals
- High Quality Precision Polishing of Titanium Products
Our complete series of component finishing processes range from specialist blisk polishing and high-quality precision polishing to de-burring and barrelling.
In addition to this, we supply:
- CMM Inspection: Full dimensional measurement and reporting for turbine blades and Aero-Engine components. We utilise two Sheffield Discovery CMM machines with ultrasonic thickness measuring capability.
- Managed Services: Total management of final processes. Alongside the finishing procedures listed, NDT Etching (non-destructive testing) and Shop Peening can also be provided.
Component Finishing Processes
- De-burring: Including raw investment castings, in a wide range of exotic metals and materials.
- Finished polishing: Including vibro-polishing and super-polishing to meet the most stringent quality levels.
Mass Processing of Aerospace Components
- Centrifugal High Energy Barrelling System
- Super Polishing
- Vibro Polishing
A complete logistics service is also available to meet demanding delivery schedules.